Whenever I go on vacation, I love to taking samples with me to try out. They are lighter and take up less space than a collection of bottles for face wash, exfoliator, lotion, etc. It can be a gamble, since you don’t know how your skin will react to new products but it’s a risk I don’t mind taking. Afterall, I’m often in another country and who’s going to look at me long enough to remember? 🙂
On my most recent travels to Europe in May, I tested out these samples:
1) For the face:
– Tata Harper® regenerating cleanser. This gave a good clean to my skin and exfoliated with a sand like consistency in the wash. The floral scent was nice and not too overpowering. This gets a thumbs up.
– Face Soap and Clarity, a facial wash by Soap and Glory®, with vit C. The vitamin C is in forms of beads, which also help to give an exfoliating effect. It had a nice smell and gave a good clean
– Philosophy®’s Purity 3 in one. I actually have never liked the face washes by Philosophy® but this gave a better clean than any I have tried before from them. Not as good as other products out there, but best from this line for sure.
– NUDE® detox brightening fizzy powder wash. As in the name, it is a powder which dissolves in water to become an exfoliating wash. It does not have a scent but really gave a nice clean.
– Sunday Riley® ceramic slip. This was more of a mask than a face wash as advertised but didn’t give enough foam. It also had a consistency of clay and was better applied with a brush than with your fingers. Note to self – buy this if you want a mask but not a wash.
– GlamGlow® Supermud Cleaning treatment. This was just ok – I think their exfoliating cleanser is a better product.
– Boscia® Tsubuki Cleansing oil gel. There is no foam at all with application and my skin didn’t really feel clean afterwards.
– Ole Henriksen®’s pure truth melting cleanser (aka their 3 in one cleansing gelee). It applies on like gel, had a weird smell, and my skin did not feel clean.
– Lancer X Dermatology®’s Natural Sea Mineral polish. it has a nice smell and exfoliating is intense as the salt doesn’t melt away like other sea mineral polishes I have used
2) For overnight
– Jurlique® Herbal Recovery Night Cream. This was nice – I have really oily skin and so night creams tend to make my face seem liked I walked out of the fryer in the middle. But this did not – my skin did not feel oily at all. There is a nice subtle floral smell to it as well.
– Shisedo® Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate. I love Shisedo® and this product was nice but made me oily in the morning.
– Fresh® Black Tea Anti-aging cream. Nice smell and smooth to apply but a little too oily for me
– Ole Henriksen®’s Anti-aging oil. This was just like pouring oil out of the packet and, needless to say, very oily!
– Laniege® water bank serum. Very light and clean. Love this product and this brand!
3) For the Eye
– Shishedo® Benefiance wrinkle resist 24. This was nice – not irritating to the eye, no weird scent, and no residue in the morning.
– Verso® Super eye serum with Retinol 8. There is a zing on the skin around the eye upon application. Really nice.
– Dior® Hydrolife. This is nice and gives a zing to your skin upon application and comes out real thick.
4) Face Masks
– Bliss® multi-face-eyed all in one anti aging clay mask. Dries fast and seems to suck everything up out of your skin. After washing off, your skin is left with a really soft finish
– Tata Harper® regenerating mask. It is a jelly consistency that dries quickly and has no smell. In general, I don’t like using jelly because it is always hard to take off.
– Sunday Riley® good genes. Unlike the ceremic slip, it is sold as a mask. And while you can feel the tingles on your skin as the mask dries, sucking out all the dirt and oils, the mask has a weird smell and I couldn’t wait to get it off!
– Dr Dennis Gross®’s Original Formula alpha beta daily face peel. It is a 2 step anti aging peel that strips off all the oils and dead skin on your face. It’s pretty harsh – you wipe it over the face and don’t wash off. I prefer masks instead.
– Fresh® black tea instant perfecting mask. This is one of my favorites – much like their rose face mask. Smooth on, great scent, and good clean with a soft finish.
– Omorovicza® balm. Goes on like a lotion but is really oily and didn’t really clean my skin.
5) For the Hair
– Briogreo®’s Don’t despair, repair! deep conditioning mask with rose hip, avocado and argon oil. This was fantastic! Made my hair silky and smooth after days of harsh water and travel!
6) For the Body
– Supergoop!® Everyday Sunscreen. This is not bad – protects without being sticky or irritating to the skin.
– Soap & Glory®’s look better naked body cream. This is thick but very sugary, making me feel unclean more than moisturized.
– Soap & Glory®’s sugar crush body butter with sweet line fragrance. This is even sweeter than the one above!!!
– Dermadoctor KP® duty body scrub. While it had a nice smell, the scrub rough and means business in the clean!
Thanks Sephora® for all the perks of being a VIB! These samples rocked and were fun to try out on vacation!
Just some of my thoughts, guys. Remember, I have oily and nonsensitive skin. Sample with caution.